From jdow <j...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Good bye RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA_BL
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:02:46 GMT
On 2011/10/13 07:24, Marc Perkel wrote:

> On 10/13/2011 12:32 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Am 12.10.2011 21:49, schrieb jdow:
>>> The idiots who run that one have put the Earthlink smtp servers into their
>>> list. So I am opting out of it. I don't want ALL my received mail marked as
>>> spam.
>>>
>>> Damn fools.
>>> {+_+}
>> earthlink.net net is a spam source since years ( not one of the worst )
>> the only thing what makes suprise that they got in rbls at present
>> but however, nothing in the world is perfect
>> also in case of rbl using, so its up to postmaster to get free from the
>> list, nothing what you should flame about, anyway whitelisting is
>> (should be ) possible ever, at your site and on other sites
>
> Except the premise is not true. We do not list earthlink.net in our blacklist.
> Eathlinks servers are yellow listed indicating that they are a mixed source of
> email and the IP address means nothing.

Since you are (perhaps justifiably being repetitious) I will be, too.

3.0 RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA_BL   RBL: Sender listed in HOSTKARMA-BLACK
                        [207.69.195.26 listed in hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com]
  3.0 RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA_BL   RBL: Sender listed in HOSTKARMA-BLACK
                       [207.69.195.183 listed in hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com]

This is the latter one.
         by mdl-compact.atl.sa.earthlink.net (EarthLink SMTP Server) with SMTP
id 1rdHIL1Ry3Nl37e0; Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
A reverse DNS on the address confirms it. This was killing LKML, Scientific
Linux users list, and other almost 100% good sources.

And so forth.

Care to try again?
{^_^}

Somehow it got listed. It MAY be unlisted now. I don't see anything hitting
the residual score 0.001 I left dangling around as a check.

{^_^}