From Walter Hurry <walterhu...@lavabit.com>
Subject Beginner's question on DCC
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:53:51 GMT
Hi,

I am setting up Spamassassin on my home laptop, primarily as a learning
exercise. I am mainly following the cookbook at <http://wiki.apache.org/
spamassassin/SingleUserUnixInstall>.

However, I have a problem with DCC. dccproc is at /usr/local/bin/dccproc,
and the data files are in /var/dcc.

When I run the suggested test:

spamassassin -D < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/examples/sample-nonspam.txt

I see the following in stderr:

dbg: dcc: got response: open(/var/dcc/map): Permission denied

Indeed, since the file /var/dcc/map is -rw------- 1 root root.

I suspect that the correct procedure is to move the files in /var/dcc
elsewhere, and give them appropriate permissions. But if I do, how do I
tell dcc where to find them? I see from "man dccproc" that I could use
the "-h <homedir>" argument, but I don't know how to go about that since
it's called from Spamassassin.

And is there a better solution anyway?

Thanks.