From "Jezz" <jer...@fairbrass.co.nz>
Subject Re: DecodeShortURLs plugin
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:03:04 GMT

"Axb" <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4E1E129B.7020207@gmail.com...
> On 2011-07-13 23:35, Jezz wrote:
>
> LWP is what the plugin uses to fetch the web site so if you don't have
> that available it won't work at all.
> if MDaemon provides a port of sa-update LWP may be supported
>
> shot in the dark:
>
> what happens if you comment out as:
> # use Sys::Syslog qw(:DEFAULT setlogsock);
>
> Calling SteveF... would you hack syslog out of the plugin for Win32 users?
>
> :)

I tried commenting out that line, and then did a lint, and it gave me no
errors at all - not regarding LWP either. Tell me, should I expect to see an
error regarding LWP if, I in fact, didn't have that package?

MDaemon does indeed provide a port of sa-update. However it's theoretically
possible that Mouk may not have included a particular package (eg. LWP)
within the spamd executable even though it is included in the sa-update
executable. I have noticed in the past some small discrepancies in the
packages which Mouk includes, or doesn't include, between those two
executables. So I may need to ask him directly about that.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in knowing if I should expect to see some kind
of error, when I do a lint, if I don't have LWP yet a plugin is requiring
it.