From "Jezz" <jer...@fairbrass.co.nz>
Subject Re: DecodeShortURLs plugin
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:23:04 GMT
"Axb" <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4E1C820D.3000109@gmail.com...
> On 2011-07-12 15:21, Jezz wrote:
>>
>> So my question is this: is there any way I can get the DecodeShortURLs
>> plugin working without the Syslog module requirement? Eg. can I get this
>> plugin to only view Syslog as an optional and not mandatory
>> prerequisite? I certainly don't need the Syslog functionality of this
>> plugin, and the plugin itself allows me to "turn off" Syslog logging by
>> adding "url_shortener_syslog 0" to the .cf file. Yet it seems to still
>> require the Syslog module in order to work (otherwise I get errors when
>> I run a lint check).
>>
>> Any suggestions??
>
> whathappens if you comment out those lines
>
> #url_shortener_log /tmp/DecodeShortURLs.txt
> #url_shortener_cache /tmp/DecodeShortURLs.sq3
> #url_shortener_syslog 1

I tried commenting out those three lines. Then I linted SpamAssassin and got
the following:

Jul 13 12:31:47.190 [2020] dbg: plugin: loading
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DecodeShortURLs from
C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm
Jul 13 12:31:47.251 [2020] warn: plugin: failed to parse plugin
C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm: Can't locate Sys/Syslog.pm
in @INC (@INC contains: C:\Perl\site\lib C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin) at
C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm line 99.
Jul 13 12:31:47.251 [2020] warn: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:
[...]\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm line 99.

So even commenting out those lines doesn't help, as the plugin still
requires the Syslog module which I don't have. :(