From John Hardin <>
Subject Re: FuzzyOCR
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:01:51 GMT
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 07:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
> John Hardin <> wrote:
>> I took a quick look at the sources for jpegtopnm and could not see
>> anything that would return an error code of 2048. What OS is this on?
> FuzzyOCR is returning $? as the "retcode", which is not the exit code.
> It's the exit _status_, which is 256 * exit code.

...d'oh. I knew that, I just fergot. :)

> The actual exit code is 8.  Perhaps that'll help you hunt it down.

#define ENOEXEC      8  /* Exec format error */

That doesn't sound kosher, as it's running successfully in manual testing.

And it isn't a non-executable file somewhere on a different PATH as the
error message is talking about /usr/bin/jpegtopnm...

All I can think of at this point is permissions issues somehow.

  John Hardin KA7OHZ              FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a
   USMC Rules of Gunfighting #6: If you can choose what to bring to a
   gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
  3 days until the 66th anniversary of the dawn of the Atomic Age

View raw message