From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject RE: Lowering spam threshold
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:22:45 GMT
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Lars Jørgensen wrote:

>>> $sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5.2;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
>>> $sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.2;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks mail)
>
>> That seems a little aggressive to me. Personally I'd prefer a larger
>> margin of error for FPs, and would set the discard level to 9 or 10
>> (unless the "evasive actions" include "quarantine for review").
>
> "evasive actions" do indeed include quarantine. No-quarantine-cutoff is set at 20, which
may be a bit high, but we got room for it.

So, tag at 5.2, quarantine at 6.2, discard at 20? That sounds reasonable
to me, assuming the quarantine is readily accessible for review.

   The United States has become a place where entertainers and
   professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.
                                         -- Maureen Johnson Smith Long
  12 days until the 42nd anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon