From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: FuzzyOCR
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 16:33:47 GMT
On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, polloxx wrote:

> Works fine at the CL.

OK. Just to be clear, you took a jpeg-format image file and used jpegtopnm
to convert it to a pnm file, and got a correct .pnm image file out? Did
you do this to verify the exit code from jpegtopnm:

     echo $?

> Nothing about the error. (It's a SA error I think)

It looks to me like SA is just reporting an error code from jpegtopnm. I
did some brief digging and couldn't find anything about that particular
error code, it might take a look at the sources to learn what it means.

> apt-get did not alter jpegtopnm.

Bummer, so much for the easy explanation... :)

Do you have a sample message having an image attachment that you can run
through SA manually to test things? If not, try to get one.

It would be useful to see the debugging output of spamassassin where it's
talking about fuzzyocr. Do you know how to run spamassassin in debug mode
against a test message?

>> What happens when you try to run /usr/bin/jpegtopnm from the command line?
>>
>> What does the jpegtopnm man page say about that return code?
>>
>> Did apt-get change the jpegtopnm program?

   I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft.
                           -- James Allchin, Microsoft VP of Platforms
  Tomorrow: Robert Heinlein's 104th birthday