From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Lowering spam threshold
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:41:00 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Lars Jørgensen wrote:

> We still get quite a bit of spam through and instead of fiddling with
> scores, I was thinking about lowering the threshold. Currently tag is at
> 6.2 and kill at 6.9. Would it be unwise to lower these? What thresholds
> are other people on this list using?

The default spam threshold, and the one that all of the generated scores
are targeted at, is 5.0 - you already seem to be running at an elevated
score, so I wouldn't see any issues with dropping your tag score back to
the default of 5.0

I think many people run with tag at 5.0 and discard at 10.0

I'd suggest that a 0.7-point spread between tag and discard is a little
too aggressive.

  Warning Labels we'd like to see #1: "If you are a stupid idiot while
  using this product you may hurt yourself. And it won't be our fault."
  Today: the 235th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence