From Kris Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Subject Re: Suggest OCR plugin on Spamassassin 3.3.1 for image spam
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:04:00 GMT
darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 07/20, Sharma, Ashish wrote:
>> Can someone suggest some better OCR plugin for Spamassassin 3.3.1 for image spam?
>
> It still seems strange to me that anybody has ever bothered with using OCR
> to deal with image spam, when it's so easy, and for me not problematic, to
> just block all emails that might be image spam - those with an attached
> image that is embedded in the body of an html mail.

I have to ask - have you ever tried this in the context of an ISP mail
system?

A great many users consider sending pictures and videos by email to be
the ultimate purpose of email...  and many of the same set of users take
great delight in (ab)using Outlook's "stationery" or using Incredimail,
as well as overdosing on funny fonts and colours in the text.

-kgd