From Axb <axb.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DecodeShortURLs plugin
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:48:11 GMT
On 2011-07-13 23:35, Jezz wrote:

> "Axb" <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2011-07-13 20:23, Jezz wrote:
>>> "Axb" <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> So even commenting out those lines doesn't help, as the plugin still
>>> requires the Syslog module which I don't have. :(
>>
>> MDaemon uses a compiled Windows version of SpamAssassin.
>> The plugin has more requirements which AltN's version may not support
>>
>> DBD::SQLite
>> and possibly LWP::UserAgent
>>
>> You'll most probably be better off asking Mouk of AltN (if he's still
>> there) to add DecodeShortURL support in their package.
>>
>> You could also hack the hell out of the plugin to remove all those
>> requirements.
>> MDameon's Beta mailing list may get you further.
>>
>> Sorry...
>>

> Hmm - but the way I understand the plugin, the SQLite and UserAgent
> packages are only optional packages for the plugin, not mandatory as the
> Syslog package is. And I'm not getting any lint errors regarding the
> SQLite and UserAgent packages either, which (I would assume) indicates
> that they are not a problem. Surely they would pop up as errors when I
> do a lint, if they were mandatory requirements and I didn't have them in
> my compilation of SpamAssassin?

LWP is what the plugin uses to fetch the web site so if you don't have
that available it won't work at all.
if MDaemon provides a port of sa-update LWP may be supported

shot in the dark:

what happens if you comment out as:
# use Sys::Syslog qw(:DEFAULT setlogsock);

Calling SteveF... would you hack syslog out of the plugin for Win32 users?

:)