From Axb <axb.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DecodeShortURLs plugin
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:47:37 GMT
On 2011-07-13 20:23, Jezz wrote:
> "Axb" <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 2011-07-12 15:21, Jezz wrote:
>>>
>>> So my question is this: is there any way I can get the DecodeShortURLs
>>> plugin working without the Syslog module requirement? Eg. can I get this
>>> plugin to only view Syslog as an optional and not mandatory
>>> prerequisite? I certainly don't need the Syslog functionality of this
>>> plugin, and the plugin itself allows me to "turn off" Syslog logging by
>>> adding "url_shortener_syslog 0" to the .cf file. Yet it seems to still
>>> require the Syslog module in order to work (otherwise I get errors when
>>> I run a lint check).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions??
>>
>> whathappens if you comment out those lines
>>
>> #url_shortener_log /tmp/DecodeShortURLs.txt
>> #url_shortener_cache /tmp/DecodeShortURLs.sq3
>> #url_shortener_syslog 1
>>

> I tried commenting out those three lines. Then I linted SpamAssassin and
> got
> the following:
>
> Jul 13 12:31:47.190 [2020] dbg: plugin: loading
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DecodeShortURLs from
> C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm
> Jul 13 12:31:47.251 [2020] warn: plugin: failed to parse plugin
> C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm: Can't locate Sys/Syslog.pm
> in @INC (@INC contains: C:\Perl\site\lib C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin) at
> C:\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm line 99.
> Jul 13 12:31:47.251 [2020] warn: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:
> [...]\MDaemon\SpamAssassin\etc\DecodeShortURLs.pm line 99.
>

> So even commenting out those lines doesn't help, as the plugin still
> requires the Syslog module which I don't have. :(

MDaemon uses a compiled Windows version of SpamAssassin.
The plugin has more requirements which AltN's version may not support

DBD::SQLite
and possibly LWP::UserAgent

You'll most probably be better off asking Mouk of AltN (if he's still
there) to add DecodeShortURL support in their package.

You could also hack the hell out of the plugin to remove all those
requirements.
MDameon's Beta mailing list may get you further.

Sorry...