From Michael Scheidell <michael.scheid...@secnap.com>
Subject Re: Lowering spam threshold
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:48:28 GMT
On 7/6/11 4:17 AM, Lars Jørgensen wrote:
>> I think many people run with tag at 5.0 and discard at 10.0
> I should have mentioned that we are running amavisd-new. I thought that was the de facto
way of integrating spamassassin into a mail gateway, but reading this list reveals that most
people probably doesn't do that. Makes me wonder if I am doing the wrong thing?

> Amavisd-new has further settings as to thresholds, and these are the ones I put in as
of today (after reading other peoples tips here, thank you everybody):

join the amavisd-new list.  you will get direct answers to your
questions from a very active, knoledgable group.
(and, NO, don't lower your spam threshold.. SA rules are scored to
assume a default of 5.0 to mark spam.  )
if you are getting too much spam, then NORMAL SA assistance in SA group
is your best bet.  if amavisd issues including what those additional
settings do, then the amavis group

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000