From Martin Gregorie <mar...@gregorie.org>
Subject Re: improving the score for specific types of spam
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:43:55 GMT
On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 14:06 +0200, J4K wrote:

>     I put this in to deter the wealth of job advertisments we get:
>
> describe PRIVATE_RULE1 English language job opportunity
> body     __PR1        /(Employment opportunity|Job offer match, respond
> to apply|Employment you've been searching|Job opportunity|Career
> opportunity inside|Position opening in your area|Work offer
> inside|Vacancy - apply online|Job ad - see details! Sent through  Search
> engine|Get a New Job Today|Working Part Time)/i
> uri      __PR2
> /^(au-joblists.com|europ-joblist.com|gb-totaljob.com|uk-joblists.com|us-joblists.com)/i
> meta     PRIVATE_RULE1 (__PR1 && __PR2)
> score    PRIVATE_RULE1 5.5
>
> The URLs are typically email addresses e.g fred@europ-joblist.com. Would
> this rule work.  spamassassin --lint did not complain.

I assume you tested it as well as running it through lint ("spamassassin
<spam_sample.txt"), so is it firing on samples of that type of spam?

Comments: As written the rule won't work because __PR2 assumes that the
domain name starts at the beginning of the URI but you said that the
URIs typically contain a user name and '@'. Also, I'd probably
generalise __PR2 to something like:

uri  __PR2 /(joblists.com|gb-totaljob.com)/i

on the assumption that when you wrote 'europ-joblist.com' you meant
'europ-joblists.com'. This change will probably run faster and possibly
catch more spam too, especially if there is a Canadian or Scandinavian
office.

Martin