From Yves Goergen <nospam.l...@unclassified.de>
Subject Re: BOTNET IPv6 patch
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:03:52 GMT
On 13.06.2011 13:51 CE(S)T, Matthew Newton wrote:
>> Can you post the patched Botnet.pm and Botnet.cf, that would be cool.
>
> I've put the patched Botnet.pm here:
>
> http://www.le.ac.uk/users/mcn4/botnet/

Hi,

I was looking for an IPv6 fix for Botnet before but nobody (including
me) was able to do it. I have now looked at your solution and to my
Perl-unexperienced eyes, it looks promising.

I have installed it on my server and am now waiting for E-Mails from
IPv6 hosts. Could somebody please just send me a message from an IPv6
mail server to my address? (Preferably from a host that should not be
caught by Botnet...)

Is this fix supposed to avoid IPv6 false positives only, or also to do
its job in detecting IPv6 bots correctly?

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@unclassified.de>