From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: High Performance Bayes Database Configuration?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:29:43 GMT

On 21.06.11 15:17, David F. Skoll wrote:
>No, not really, but MySQL is broken in so many ways I try to stay away
>from it.  Many of the design flaws in http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html
>remain unfixed.  For example, even in MySQL 5.0.5, 'select 1/0;'
>returns NULL.

Pardon, but which of those apply when talking about using MySQL for bayes
database?

> PostgreSQL more sensibly raises an exception.  And
>while 5.0.5 no longer lets you insert '2003-02-31' into a DATE field,
>the INSERT command does not fail.  A SELECT gives you back 0000-00-00.
>
>Hence: I do not trust MySQL with my data.  (If an INSERT followed by a
>SELECT does not give me back exactly what I inserted, then the INSERT
>command *MUST FAIL* for me to trust the DB.)

2003-02-31 is INVALID date and therefore inserting it into the database and
selecting back CAN NOT return the same data. If you want to get the same
result, use (VAR)CHAR instead of date.

... again, does this affect BAYES?