From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Rule dependency problems with v3.3.2-r929478
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 13:09:20 GMT
On Mon, 23 May 2011, Daniel McDonald wrote:

> On 5/21/11 8:52 PM, "Alex" <mysqlstudent@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a method for separating the experimental rules from those
>> that are relatively safe to use in production?
>
> Nightly masschecks.  Apparently we are short on recent SPAM, so the rules
> are not being auto-promoted.  If you have a good collection of hand-graded
> SPAM, you should get set up to submit nightly masschecks so that we can
> auto-promote the good rules.

Another problem is that Alex is referring to 3.3.2 while the dev sandboxes
on trunk and the nightly masscheck and autopromotion is for 3.4. The 3.3.x
rules are stale as of mid-december 2010 and since there isn't (as far as I
am aware) a masscheck running for the 3.3 branch, and the dev sandboxes in
the 3.3 branch aren't being updated, the situation won't improve unless
some specific manual attention is given.

I _think_ the 3.4 rules updates being produced _should_ be safe for 3.3.x,
but I am not positive.

   An entitlement beneficiary is a person or special interest group
   who didn't earn your money, but demands the right to take your
   money because they *want* it.    -- John McKay, _The Welfare State:
                                        No Mercy for the Middle Class_
  165 days since the first successful private orbital launch (SpaceX)