From Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec...@ijs.si>
Subject Re: Spamassasin - SQLITE as storage database
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 10:26:38 GMT
On Wednesday May 18 2011 09:42:55 monolit wrote:
> >> do you have any experience with usage of SQLITE database as storage for
> >> Spamassassin? Spamassassin uses Berkeley DB, but I need to replace it.
> >> I could not find any manual, guide or just phorum discussion about
> >> colaboration Sapmassassin with SQLITE. I apreciate each advice.
> >
> Thanks for your post. Unfortunately my boss wants to use just SQLITE.

> Lawrence @ Rogers wrote:
> > I have no experience with this, but I do have experience with using
> > MySQL with InnoDB tables. The performance is actually much better than
> > Berkley DBs.

Bear in mind that MySQL with InnoDB (as well PostgreSQL) offer
fine-grained locking at a record level, which SQLite does not
(the last time I checked). It is very likely that SpamAssassin
could use SQLite as user preferences database (i.e. read-only)
with no problems, it is also very likely that the usage of
SQLite for a r/w database such as Bayes and AWL will cause
lock contention on a busy server.

  Mark