From Martin Gregorie <mar...@gregorie.org>
Subject Re: Large (usually legitimate) HTML mails choking SA
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 21:03:41 GMT
On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 16:37 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Any tips on how to do that? When used in conjunction with amavis, is
> there a way to identify which rule consumes the most processing time,
> in the same way it can for bayes or SA overall?

By inspection, e.g. any rawbody rule whose regex contains .* is an
immediate suspect.

These days I tend not to write any rule with an unbounded match. As an
example, instead of "string1.*(string2|string3)" I'll write that part of
the rule as "string1.{0,n}(string2|string3)" because, unlike the
unbounded .* this cannot match a huge span of text and have to backtrack
miles before trying subsequent alternates.

Martin