From Shankar <varun.c...@gmail.com>
Subject After downloading a mail through IMAP, before parsing I want to check if its spam!
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:34:17 GMT
Introduction:
I have a ticket system in PHP. People report tickets over email. A mail
parser connects to the mailbox using IMAP, downloads the email and parses it
to create a ticket which can be viewed/updated over the web interface.

My requirement:
I want my application to check if the downloaded email is a spam before it
creates a ticket out of the mail. Basically I want a way to pass the email
as a string to the spamassassin perl script which then tells me if its a
spam! How to achieve this with SpamAssassin?

My application is hosted on Linux (RHEL 5.3 64bit) and plan to use the
latest version of SpamAssassin.
It would be great if you can just list out the steps. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Varun Shankar