From Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.com>
Subject Re: Performance on Spear Phishing?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:28:08 GMT
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:22:40 +0100, Karsten Br├Ąckelmann
<guenther@rudersport.de> wrote:

>On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 12:58 +0000, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
>> Unrelated but reminded me I hadn't posted a thanks to all those that
>> responded about the sa-update rules. That's partly because I'm
>> awaiting permission from clients to add their mails to the corpus.
>
>Unrelated indeed. ;)  That short rant of mine was not meant as a broad
>reminder to send your 'thank you's after each post, less so to collect
>them now -- but really triggered by that one particular instance.
>
>There are a bunch of circumstances (some slightly buried down the end)
>outlined in my previous post, which, each on their own, if avoided, are
>likely to not have triggered my reaction in the first place. In other
>words, just try to engage in the community, and don't forget basic
>(old-school) net-iquette, and we all should get along just fine. :)
>
>> So, thanks all. Apologies for forgetting my manners.
>>
>> Have no clue about Spear Phishing other than it's best to be the one
>> with the spear. :-)
>
>Or the hammer.

Hi Karsten,

Having been using this list for more years than I care to think about
I ought to know my manners better. It was a timely reminder, it's easy
to take the help one gets here for granted. I don't tend to post so
much nowadays with workloads etc, but it's the only list I stay
subscribed to. I do on occasion sit with a beer on a boring evening
and amble through the posts, and, occasionally, I note things with my
setup that seem a bit off.

Without wishing to tempt fate, my setup works well for me and works
well. Often as not because of advice given in the past by list
members; anyway, manners cost nothing and they do have a value for the
recipients.

All the best

Nigel