From jdow <j...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: SA and Spear Phishing
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 05:31:22 GMT
On 2011/03/18 21:16, Karsten Br├Ąckelmann wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 20:58 -0700, jdow wrote:
>> Other obvious information to be filtered would include SSNs. For
>> privacy reasons filter for numbers that look like SSNs, reflect to
>> user with a were you sure wrapper, and if the user responds yes send
>> it out in the original format.
>
> The SSN trick already has been included in ClamAV, I believe. And no, it
> doesn't cover internationalization.

Um, ClamAV does not provide the full picture of what I mentioned. I
am speaking of an outgoing filter to catch "illegal" information leaving
the facility. And I envisioned a trip through the user. "Reply to this
with no further editing to forward the original mail onwards.")

Reinvolving the meatware solution "may" help keep data from spreading
improperly. And the filter solution would need more than a specific
format for 9 digits to trigger it. I am sure each company can find sets
of words for filtering. (Unfortunately that set may be different for
each user in many settings.)

{^_^}