From dar...@chaosreigns.com
Subject Re: Spam Eating Monkey causing 100% false positives for large institutions
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:09:10 GMT
On 03/23, Blaine Fleming wrote:
> As soon as the bug was reported on the dev list I disabled the
> 127.0.0.255 response code to avoid any additional issues.  I will be

That was very kind of you.

> 3AM.  Personally, I don't think it is unreasonable to start returning
> this response code for someone that is performing well over 100M
> queries/day against a free list with a limit of 100K/day.  This policy

I agree.  I don't think SEM did anything inappropriate here.

What was inappropriate was SA releasing networking rules marked
"#testrules".  Should be interesting to see how that happened.

--
"I'd rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartiblartfast, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy