From Karsten Br├Ąckelmann <guent...@rudersport.de>
Subject Re: how to disable network tests?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 03:53:38 GMT
On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 02:38 +0400, Hamad Ali wrote:
> > I take it you no longer want to disable network test? ;)
>
> yeah,  thank you for all the help; also thanks to other folks that
> told me how to disable network tests (it helped me see the need of
> network tests).

Great. To see a proper solution for the *underlying* problem (no matter
the Subject), as well as hopefully lessons learned.

Back to a pet peeve of mine. The imminent question of a user might not
lead to the best solution. Frankly, quite often, it does not. It is
important for the actively helping community, as well as best results
for the OP, to understand the real issue. For that, we do ask questions,
and propose things that might on a first glance, for the user, be
unrelated. Though it frequently turns out to be spot on.

In a community, like this, people try to help on their own, often spare
time, voluntarily. Pissing those off will just lead to them turning to
the TV instead of giving it another shot with you again next time. ;)

  guenther

Oh, and I really don't wanna fuel the fire any further, but -- most [1]
of the gang around seriously prefers old-school plain-text mail (HTML
disabled) and reply-to-list only, rather than Cc the sender. We do read
the list. But yeah, well, those are minor, comparably...

[1] Obviously, not everyone. And particularly with the second note,
    there are even folks who *cough* want the Cc. Subtle things that
    sometimes only might surface after a while, if one actually even
    recognizes guys and their preference.

(c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0;
}}}