From Frank Reppin <fr...@undermydesk.org>
Subject recent sa-update rules (for 3.3.1) break plugin?
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 04:27:26 GMT
Hi list,

I've written a small plugin which will output some timing details
in order to check whether a mail comes in with severe delay...
... not 100% complete at this stage - but it gives some timing
clues in the log.

However...
... for some weird reason will this plugin only work by using
the rules from:

   Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.3.1.r923114.tgz

As soon as I run sa-update and restart amavisd-new... the vars
(I've attached the plugin code in order for you to check/test)

   36: my $date_received = $msg->{ date_received };
   51: my $recv_header_times_ref = $msg->{ received_header_times };
   52: my $count_recv_headers = @$recv_header_times_ref;

won't get initialized at all and stay undef forever - leading to
no useful output at all.
Reverting the rules back to r923114 and restarting amavisd-new
will fix this immediatly...

This is reproducable on FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT (where I wrote this plugin)
and two Debian Lenny hosts (with spamassassin 3.3.1 from backports).
All hosts run spamassassin 3.3.1 and amavisd-new 2.6.4 - FreeBSD has
perl 5.10.1 whereas Lenny comes with perl 5.10.0.
All hosts do have the same ruleset now (r923114).

I've already diff'ed both rulesets - but I cannot spot anything useful.

Thanks for your kind attention - any help is appreciated!

cheers,
frank\

--
43rd Law of Computing: