From Michael Scheidell <michael.scheid...@secnap.com>
Subject RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE where to report spam? http://www.returnpath.net/commercialsender/certification/
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:59:02 GMT
wish there was an easy 'link' somewhere on RP's system to report spam
from people in the 'safe senders' list.
RCVD_IN_RP_SAFE

anyone who gets a 'free -2 point pass' should be held accountable.

looking up ip reputations for this ip shows several CLEARLY spammy
domain names.

(as looking up their reputation on sender score shows!
<https://www.senderscore.org/lookup.php?lookup=208.76.24.44&ipLookup.x=0&ipLookup.y=0>

also includes a pretty high 'complaint' ratio if I read this correct.

so, where do we sent abuse report?  'contact' button seems to go to
marketing/sales/ only.

googles for 'site:returnpath.net abuse' and 'site:returnpath.net report
spam' seem to show mostly references to RFC's and best practices that
senders should keep, maintain and respond to email to abuse@ or risk
being blocked.

I am posting this anyway so people who google for rcvd_in_rp_safe and
report spam can find it.

yes, I have asked before, but RP still need an easy , clear way to
report abuse of their whitelists or people will do what I just did and
remove the -2 score.

ok, finally found it under 'support' after searching for 10 mins.

you send email to certification@returnpath.net
<mailto:certification@returnpath.net>.  to report abuse. not 'abuse@'

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008