From "Rolf E. Sonneveld" <R.E.Sonnev...@sonnection.nl>
Subject DKIM tests
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:15:29 GMT
Hi,

running (soon to be upgraded):
SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.5
   running on Perl 5.8.8

I'm new to this list, although I'm not new to SpamAssassin. Looking at
http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_3_x.html, and particularly at the
following DKIM tests:

DKIM_VERIFIED
DKIM_POLICY_TESTING
DKIM_POLICY_SIGNSOME
DKIM_POLICY_SIGNALL

I wonder what these tests exactly mean. The Wiki pages for them are not
yet written, hence my question here on the list. As the default scores
of these tests are all one (1) I wonder what exactly these tests do. For
example, does the first test (DKIM_VERIFIED) means, that if a DKIM
signature could be verified, the score is increased by one (1)?  And
what does 'verified' mean? A verification result can be positive and
negative but in both situations the DKIM signature may have been
verified correctly (i.e. no DNS problems, no ambiguous outcome etc.).

Furthermore, the name of the 3rd and 4th of these tests seems to hint
into the directory of ADSP, as policy mechanism added to DKIM? Is it
correct that these tests perform an ADSP DNS lookup?

/rolf