From haman...@t-online.de
Subject Re: Misguided energy
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 08:04:45 GMT
Karsten Br├Ąckelmann schrieb:
> Personally, I have *never* received a legit C/R. Every single one that
> ended up on my machines have been in response to spam sent with a forged
> sender address.

I see some C/R when machines are stuck talking to each other :(
Someone signs up for a newsletter, or orders from a webshop, and will get
an automatic confirmation from the server.
Of course, there are no dwarves in the server room to respond to
those challenges.
Now, even if it is a customer who calls and complains because they do
not get the expected mail, it is usually not the person responsible for
setting up the mail system

Wolfgang Hamann