From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: spamc not scanning file, spamassassin command ok
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:47:25 GMT
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, a.smith@ukgrid.net wrote:

> The dodgy email contains an attachment, if I make a copy of the mail
> file and delete the email attachment and then scan via scanc it IS
> correctly processed and marked as spam. The file with attachment is only
> 600K so I dont see why this should cause a problem.
>
> Any idea what would cause this behaviour?

Yes, the default size limit on messages that spamc enforces is less than
600k.

If you want to scan larger messages you must override that default. Please
see the list archives for the pros and cons.

   If "healthcare is a Right" means that the government is obligated
   to provide the people with hospitals, physicians, treatments and
   medications at low or no cost, then the right to free speech means
   the government is obligated to provide the people with printing
   presses and public address systems, the right to freedom of
   religion means the government is obligated to build churches for the
   people, and the right to keep and bear arms means the government is
   obligated to provide the people with guns, all at low or no cost.
  53 days until TRON Legacy