From Dominic Benson <domi...@lenny.cus.org>
Subject Re: Spam tagging not happening
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:10:46 GMT

> Surely I'm missing something here and when I do a "grep sa-exim
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated", the output is null. Does this
> mean I don't have sa-exim configured properly?
It means that it isn't being used by exim.

We're veering away from SA-Users topics, but: if you dpkg-reconfigure
exim4-config and select "Yes" to the question "Split configuration into
small files", then you should find that SA-Exim is used; it [sa-exim]
installs a config file at /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path
- the /etc/exim4/conf.d directory is what gets compiled [by the exim4
init script] into /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated if you select the
small files config method. Otherwise it uses the monolithic config
template at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template - which doesn't get the
SA-Exim stuff added automatically.

> I really appreciate the help guys:-)
> Jerry

Dominic