From Dominic Benson <>
Subject Re: Spam tagging not happening
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:40:21 GMT
On 18/10/10 15:22, Jeremy Van Rooyen wrote:
> When I look at the rejected emails in the rejected logs for Exim it
> looks like this:
> F From: <
> <>>
>   Received-SPF: none
> So as far a I know, the tagging happens here, but I don't see anything
> in the email though.

Spamassassin is obviously being used then. I would expect that it is
being accessed through sa-exim; what you probably want to do is edit

and set SApermreject to a sensible value (fairly high, as this will
bounce messages so that they never get to your inbox).
20 would probably be a reasonably good start; you can (cautiously)
reduce it from there if you find that you are getting no ham above some

(You'll need to restart Exim after this)

There is a separate question implicit in your post: that you want to
filter SA-flagged messages into a junk folder in your MUA.

There are a few options for this. The easiest (not necessarily best!) is
to enable rewrite_header in /etc/spamassassin/ and then add a
message rule that subject starts with *****SPAM***** gets moved to a
folder. It isn't a great plan if you are resending to a mailing list
(breaks DKIM etc.), so the alternative is to inspect the X-Spam-Status
header directly. How to / if you can do that is strongly MUA dependent.

View raw message