From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: AWL demoted??
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:43:04 GMT
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:26:31 +0200
Benny Pedersen <me@junc.org> wrote:

> On ons 11 aug 2010 19:35:35 CEST, RW wrote
>
> > That should  be count/total-score not count/token.
>
> total-score/count

I actually meant it in the sense of "a-stroke-b" rather than
"a-divided-by-b"

> will also work with mask of 0.0.0.0/8 ?
>
> sa below 3.3.x had it hardcoded to /16

I don't see why not, if you reduce the the count and multiply the
total-score value by new-count/old-count the ratio is the same.

The differences are that the the average become a weighted average with
recent values getting more weight, and unused entries eventually get
aged-out.