From Gnanam <gna...@zoniac.com>
Subject Re: Does SpamAssassin perform tests/scans on attachments?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 05:46:26 GMT

Ted Mittelstaedt-2 wrote:

> Generally, no.  SA skips messages that are larger than a size that you
> set in the config file.  Most attachments are larger than that size.
> Obviously if you have a really small attachment then it will scan it.

Thanks for that update.

Assuming my use case need to do test/scan on attachments as well, thereby I
set a large size in the config file, say 5 MB for example.  I also
understand that it will take few more seconds to test/scan.

How does SA scan binary attachments like .doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .zip, etc.
in that case?