From Ned Slider <...@unixmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: yahoo X-YMail-OSG
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:26:18 GMT
On 06/03/2010 05:29 PM, LuKreme wrote:
> On 3-Jun-2010, at 03:27, Ned Slider wrote:
>>
>> Can we re-evaluate how useful this is, or maybe exclude To: and CC: headers?
>
> After several years I have trained all my users to use the Bcc header for any email going
to more than 4 or 5 users and to address those emails to themselves.

> To me, this seems like a better solution (but then part of my 'training' was to tell
the webmail to disallow sending emails to more than 20 recipients in To/CC).

Indeed, except it wasn't one of "my users" who stuck 90 addresses in the
To field - one of "my users" just happened to be one of the 90 recipients.

Who would you suggest I train? :-)

I don't believe the genuine intent here is to write a rule to score
messages sent "To:" multiple recipients.

BTW, I received another such message today that /only/ had 40 recipients
and that didn't trigger the rule.