From "Sharma, Ashish" <ashish.shar...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Scanning attachments with spamassassin
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:34:46 GMT
Frank,

So if I am correct, the body rules are applied once all the email is demimed and if the demimed
content is in text that the rule can lock on then the rule hits.

Moreover since I am writing custom rules for spamassassin can you point me to good references
where I can understand how spamassassin works.

Thanks
Ashish Sharma

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Heydlauf [mailto:fh-sa2004@lf.net]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 1:02 PM
To: Sharma, Ashish
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Scanning attachments with spamassassin

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 03:16:02PM +0000, Sharma, Ashish wrote:
> Can you tell me what all kind of attachment scanning spamassassin does.

sorry, not in detail - but you're free to read the code yourself

> Can you point me to some good reference that can give me a good idea about attachment
scanning et all.

Just as an example: 80_additional.cf

rawbody __TVD_BODY              /\S{4}/
TVD_PDF_FINGER01

in general: search for rawbody or Content-Type in the ruleset.

This may be not what you expected. The attachments (more precise:
mime-parts) are demimed but (by default) not unzipped, doc2text
converted, ocr-read or whatever else could be done with attachments.
You can do such things with additional modules if you really need
(i.e. FuzzyOcrPlugin).

--
Regards Frank