From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Mail Marked Spam For VPN Users
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 03:03:48 GMT
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Carlos Mennens wrote:

> When users are on the LAN, their client IP is in range of
> 'mynetworks' parameter via Postfix. When they're home and VPN into my
> network, they fire up Outlook / Thunderbird & send email as they would
> if they were sitting in the office. However their client IP is now
> their ISP connected IP and their reverse DNS is not correct so SA
> thinks this is a spammer without a proper RDNS entry per RFC
> guidelines. Is there a way to fix this mix up?

When they connect to your mail server via your VPN, are they connecting to
the _private_ IP address of the mail server? If they are connecting to the
_public_ IP address then the fact that they are using a VPN is probably
irrelevant as traffic isn't traversing the VPN.

I suspect this is a VPN configuration issue, not a SA issue.

   The world has enough Mouse Clicking System Engineers.
                                                        -- Dave Pooser
  Tomorrow: Thomas Jefferson's 267th Birthday