From Gary Smith <gary.sm...@holdstead.com>
Subject multiple instances
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:08:50 GMT
I have a need to run several different instances of SA on a single box (in development).  In
production, we have 3  different SA environments (with 2+ servers each) that have different
rule sets and specific routing rules determine which instance it gets sent to.   We need to
mimic this in development.

Ideally I would like to create all 3 instances (*2 mimicing load balancing) on a single development
box.  We're not worried about the performance or memory aspect.

Is this possible, and if so, is there an easy way to do this.   I was thinking that I could
create separate chroot environments for each one if necessary and either bind each instance
to an IP (which I'm not sure if that's possible) or at least a different port.

Any advice (or some sample scripts on doing this) would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Smith