From Michael Scheidell <scheid...@secnap.net>
Subject Re: KHOP_RCVD_TRUST
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:35:22 GMT

On 3/26/10 10:41 AM, Dennis B. Hopp wrote:
> I received the following e-mail
>
> http://pastebin.com/JXr9buxi
>
> It had a total score of 4.973 (blocked at 5).  Among other rules it hit:
>
> KHOP_RCVD_TRUST=-1.75,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED=-0.5,SPF_PASS=-0.001

is that an old rule? i just checked SA updates, and I don't see that
rule in current SA 3.3.1

so, who is KHOP?  I looked in rule sets and don't know them.  were these
rules inherited form some outside trusted source?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008