From LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject Re: Off Topic - SPF - What a Disaster
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:13:56 GMT
On 25-Feb-2010, at 18:08, Marc Perkel wrote:

> it doesn't block spam,

But as I said the absence of SPF can be used to block the most harmful
and risky of spams.

> and it can't be used as a white rule because spammers often use SPF
> correctly.

It can't be used INDISCRIMINATELY as a whitelist.

One cannot say, "hey, this random message from someone I never heard
of passes SPF, it must be OK."

One CAN say "hey, this email from {bob, mom, the bank, ebay, paypal,
dell, microsoft} passes SPF, it must be ok."

In SA terms

SPF_PASS 0.001
SPF_fail 5.0

--
(...) IT IS NOT YET MIDNIGHT?
'I shouldn't think it's more than a quarter past eleven.'