From Mike Cardwell <spamassassin-us...@lists.grepular.com>
Subject Re: Bogus Dollar Amounts
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:36:56 GMT
On 25/02/2010 12:01, ram wrote:

>     I have been seeing a few spam mails slip past that talk about being
>     able to get bogus dollar amounts.  What I mean by that is it will
>     give a large value in the e-mail but where there should be a comma
>     it puts a period.
>
>     I put an example of one of these messages at:
>
>     http://pastebin.com/SXuGELUS
>
>     Are there any rules that can detect this?  The only rules this hit
>     on mine are:
>
>     1.900   DCC_CHECK
>     1.449   RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT
>     1.000   RCVD_IN_BRBL
>     -0.001  SPF_PASS
>     -0.010  T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD
>     -1.900  BAYES_00
>
> http://pastebin.com/6c9sEEn9
> even recently i installed new qmail server
> i still see lot of junk mail coming with different charecters, i do not
> even read them clearly
> how can i stop those kind of emails
> Ram

I repasted that at http://spamalyser.com/v/gcrvcnbm/mime in order to get
the benefit of mime parsing and decoding.

You could score on the "koi8-r" charset. You could score on the fact the
email came from South Korea. You could use the TextCat language plugin.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226