From tonjg <>
Subject permission denied error keeps coming back
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:35:45 GMT

ever since I did a bayes learn on 200 spams and 200 hams a couple of days ago
I've had the following error appearing in my mail log:
'mimedefang-multiplexor[13951]: Slave 0 stderr: bayes: locker: safe_lock:
cannot create tmp lockfile
/var/lib/spamassassin/bayes/bayes.lock.home.svr5.13952 for
/var/lib/spamassassin/bayes/bayes.lock: Permission denied'
I did a restart of SA and the problem went away for about 24 hours, but now
it's back again. I did a search on google about this but many of the 'cures'
already exist in my system. I'm also using mimedefang but I don't know if
that's connected to this problem.
is this an SA issue or a mimedfeang issue? what causes this error? and is
there a fix for this? thanks for any advice.
Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message