From Bernd Petrovitsch <be...@petrovitsch.priv.at>
Subject Re: Newest spammer trick - non-blank subject lines?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:26:03 GMT
On Don, 2010-02-11 at 10:38 +0000, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 08:27, LuKreme wrote:
> >> At SMTP time I return a 5xx code during the "DATA" phase for messages classified
as Spam. However, I also deliver the message into a read only "Junk E-Mail" folder for the
user,

> > This is just wrong. Either accept the message, or reject the
> message. Rejecting the message while secretly accepting it is just
> completely wrong.
[...]
> > Let's say your filter catches a legitimate message to
> user@yourdomain.tld from bob@mydomain.tld.  Bob gets an erro saying
> the message was spammy and didn't go through, so he goes to his gmail
> account and sends it again, hoping for better results. This time it
> goes through.
>
> Bob could also have just clicked the link in the NDR.
Some people - e.g. /me - do not try to pass Turing tests. Obviously you
are not interested in my mails anyway ....

Apart from that why should I decode captchas from some random site?
After all, they could come from a third site so that people solve them
to the the other can log automatically into the third one ...

	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd@petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at