From Michael Scheidell <scheid...@secnap.net>
Subject Re: PORTERS QUESTION: SA 3.3.0 and rules
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:04:12 GMT

On 1/31/10 3:51 PM, Jack Raats wrote:

> I would vote for the update directory and automagically run sa-update
> when installing the port unattended.

would save disk space, and (I assume) overwrite older files.
however.. there still is ../share/spamassassin
these files anyway: (raw install, no updates or compiles.. ps sa-compile
seems to work fine in freebsd 7.1, amd64.

     languages
  sa-update-pubkey.txt
user_prefs.templat

i hate leaving a small dir with 'muck' in it.
on the otherhand, why suck in ../share/spamassassin cf files and then
updates.  but if I put them in updates, how do you delete old cf files.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008