From Thomas Harold <thomas-li...@nybeta.com>
Subject Re: Apache SpamAssassin Y2K10 Rule Bug - Update Your Rules Now!
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:28:36 GMT
On 1/4/2010 1:55 PM, Larry Starr wrote:

> On Monday 04 January 2010, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>> On 1/4/10 1:36 PM, Larry Starr wrote:
>>> On Saturday 02 January 2010, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
>>>
>>> My question, short of running with "-D", which is a bit noisy, is there a
>>> way to get sa-update to report the items it updates?   I have found
>>> nothing reading the Docs or the Code.
>>
>> rc of 0 means it updated, rc of 1 means no update available.
>
> Yes I am aware of that, I was more interrested in, for want of a better term,
> and activity summary log, something less verbose that "-D".

You mean something more then:

"An update was available, and was downloaded and installed successfully.
You are now running sa-update version svn607589."

Which is the message generated by sa-update on my system, packed up into
an e-mail to the root user when it runs daily.  I think it's a standard
script that is part of SA...

If you want to know specifically what changed on the server - maybe a
tripwire setup or use FSVS and version the entire server (well, except
for stuff that doesn't need to be versioned like user data).  On our
setup, after running sa-update, I could use FSVS to get a list of what
files have changed and even do a diff between the old/new versions.