From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: How to tag as spam mail already marked as spam?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:46:23 GMT
On 14.01.10 21:55, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I have spamassassin running on both my primary and secondary mail
> servers. Often, some spammers send through the secondary mail server ;
> which will then tag them as spam.
>
> When the same message goes through the primary mail server , it is
> tagged as spam once again.
>
> Sometimes one server tags it as spam, while the other won't.
>
> So either two things can happen.
>
> Either I get a mail as **** SPAM **** (10.2) **** SPAM *** (10.1) blah
>
> Or I get a mail that isn't tagged as spam, yet got its title changed
> by the first mail server so it still looks like **** SPAM **** (5.6)
> but isn't considered as spam anymore.

well, you either trust SA on secondary MX - then don't run the mail through
SA again.
Or, if you don't trust SA there, don't let the secondary tag the e-mail.

I think you shoudl prefer the latter, since usually only the destination MX
has access to users' homedirs and configs there.

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.