From Robert Fleming <rob-li...@flemish.org>
Subject Re: emailreg.org - permission to spamassassin masscheck?
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:34:41 GMT
--On December 13, 2009 10:56:32 AM -0500 Warren Togami is rumoured to have
written:

> http://www.emailreg.org/index.cgi?p=usage
> (from domain).(ip).resl.emailreg.org
>
> It seems the preferred method of querying includes both From domain and
> IP address, which is different from other whitelists.  Would we need a
> new plugin for spamassassin to query in this fashion?

>>From further down the same page, they suggest the following for SA

    Add the following rules to your SpamAssassin configuration

    header __RCVD_IN_EMAILREG     eval:check_rbl('emailreg-trusted',
'resl.emailreg.org.')

    header RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_0     eval:check_rbl_sub('emailreg-trusted',
'127.0.\d+.0')
    describe RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_0   Sender listed at http://www.emailreg.org/
    tflags RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_0     nice net

    header RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_1     eval:check_rbl_sub('emailreg-trusted',
'127.0.\d+.1')
    describe RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_1   Sender listed at http://www.emailreg.org/
    tflags RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_1     nice net

    score RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_0     -100
    score RCVD_IN_EMAILREG_1     -100

Not sure if the combination of rbl and rbl_sub does exactly what their
preferred query method is, but nice of them to give sample code.

Rob