From Marc Perkel <m...@perkel.com>
Subject Language detection in TextCat
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2009 19:39:29 GMT
I'm wondering if the language detection in TextCat can be improved.
Here's the situation.

It appears that TextCat was designed to be inclusive. You list the
languages you want and it returns many possibilities so as not to
trigger unwanted falsely.

What I'm doing is extracting the language list for Exim where I hope to
offer a language reject list. The problem is that when you are rejecting
languages you want a smaller list that when you are including languages
to avoid false positives. I'd rather have a single (non-english) result.

I'm wondering if there's a way to add some more options to alter the
behavior of the plugin so it is more optimized towards the idea of
rejecting languages?