From Ned Slider <...@unixmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: well, isnt that special...
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:34:11 GMT
Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Ned Slider <ned@unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> R-Elists wrote:
>>>
>>> on a much more important note, can those on the list that have a good
>>> handle
>>> on better filtering spam and/or UCE from Constant please share your SA
>>> info
>>> on that please?
>>>
>> Here's mine:
>>
>> uri             LOCAL_URI_C_CONTACT     m{constantcontact\.com\b}
>> score           LOCAL_URI_C_CONTACT     12
>> describe        LOCAL_URI_C_CONTACT     contains link to constant contact
>> [dot] com
>>
>> Got fed up with these clowns a long time ago so I hammer anything from them
>> on sight.
>
> That score is a bit extreme, but I've also found that a small positive
> score is appropriate for constantcrap mail.
>
> -Aaron

Indeed, and I wouldn't advocate anyone following *my* scoring, just
posted the rule as an example of one way to whack this particular mole :)

I chose the high score to counteract any dns whitelists or AWL negative
scoring etc that may otherwise rescue their crap from being marked as
spam on my system. If there's anything I particularly want I can
whitelist it, but the default action here is to tag and quarantine all
mail from Constant Contact. The high score probably also reflects my
level of frustration with them at the time I wrote the rule!