From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Short URL Providers RBL List
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:09:00 GMT
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:05:25 +0100
Jonas Eckerman <jonas_lists@frukt.org> wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > I don't know if it will be useful but I made a short URL provider
> > list that is DNS readable.
>
> Thanks. That could be usuable in my URLRedirect plugin. A current
> list of URL redirectors is the main thing missing from that plugin.
>
> It would be even better it included info about wether a URL shortener
> uses HTTP redirects (wich is what my plugin checks).

One other thing is that sometimes the links have already been cancelled
for abuse, and the redirection goes to a page saying that. Such pages
aren't going to be in any URIBL list, but obviously they are very
strong spam indicators.  Ideally there would be a regex to match those
links on each redirection service.