From Rick Knight <rick_kni...@rlknight.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Razor2
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:26:29 GMT
Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 10.10.09 22:31, Rick Knight wrote:
>
>> I have installed the latest SpamAssassin (3.2.5) and Razor2. Razor2 does
>> not appear to be working. When I check my system logs I see this...
>>
>> warn: razor2: razor2 check failed: Permission denied razor2: Can't read
>> conf file: /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Razor2.pm line
>> 326,<GEN109> line 283.
>>
>> I have checked ownership and permission of the
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor directory and it's files and they look
>> correct. SpamAssassin is run as user smmsp and user has read/write
>> access. I can't find any reason for this error. What am I missing?
>>

> did you also check permissions of following?
>
> /etc/mail
> /etc/mail/spamassassin
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf
>
> does SA always run under that user?

Matus, Thanks for the reply.

The permissions for those directories are also read/writeable for user
smmsp (and root). I have found a solution for the problem but I'm not
sure I like it. I've set the permissions for /etc/mail/spamassassin and
/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes to world read/writeable. That doesn't seem
safe to me, but it does work. Is there a better, safer way to get
spamassassin working or is this way OK?

Thanks,
Rick