From wild_oscar <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject Re: dns query timed out while sa-update
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:59:37 GMT

Karsten Br├Ąckelmann-2 wrote:

> A good first attempt would be, to ask the opendns DNS servers directly,
> getting rid of the router in the picture.
>
>   $ dig @208.67.222.222 5.2.3.updates.spamassassin.org txt

Yes, that one I had already tried and works.

Also, using that opendns' server as nameserver in resolve.conf also solves
the issue.

I might leave it at that. The problem that I've been scratching my head
about is why does it work when using the nameserver directly but not when
using the router's IP address, which is forwarding to the same address.
It might be a problem with the router, although it is a brand new d-link
dva-g3170i.